Download Chrome – Keep in mind when downloading and installing Chrome you should right-click (control key+mouse click) and select open when installing and also when opening Chrome for the first time. Otherwise it may not install with the correct permissions and will crash when it tries to open. If Chrome still crashes after you’ve installed and opened it using right clicks, try restarting and then right-click Chrome and open again.
Download Zoom – This is a link to download the popular video conferencing app.
Zoom Fix – If you’ve recently installed Chrome and you can’t see video after installing, try downloading and installing this fix. To install it, double click it to unzip the file then, click again to open it and run the file. A terminal window will open and you will be prompted for your login password. Note: The cursor will not indicate your inputs when typing your password. Simply type your password and press enter.
iMovie 10.1.12 – This is an earlier version often more compatible with Catalina and/or certain Macs than the latest version. The link will take you to a download page on Google Drive. Once downloaded, you can click to open and then run the package installer file to install it.
Open Core Patcher – You may need to download this app if you experience strange issues after updating your 2016 or older Mac to Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura OS. If you have no external drives attached to your Mac, you can easily run both options: Build & Install OpenCore and Post Install Root Patch and simply hit the enter key for every prompt/question and enter your password when prompted!
Detailed steps are below:
- First download the app on the Mac that is having the issue.
- Remove any storage drives connected to your Mac (if necessary).
- Open the file by right-clicking > Open (right click by holding the CTRL key down then click).
- Click on settings.
- Uncheck the box that says Show Boot Picker.
- Click Return to Main Menu.
- Click Build and Install OpenCore
- Click Build OpenCore
- Once that has finished, the button at the top will change to: Install OpenCore. Click that.
- Select the disk (there should only be one showing, if you have no external drives or USB’s connected to your Mac per step 2).
- Select the disk – EFI (again, there should only be one showing).
- You may be prompted to enter your password.
- Once that has completed, click Return to Main Menu.
- Click Post Install Root Patch.
- If the Start Root Patch is greyed out, you are done. If it is white and you can click it, then click it.
- You may be prompted to enter your password and the app may restart. If so, go to step 14.
- As long as you are connected to the Internet, the patch will download and install. You may have to wait a short period of time for it to complete.
- You should be done! Restart your computer and resume your normal use!